January Book Sale - Annual Clearance Sale!
Adult Fiction (regularly $1.50) .75/each or 3/$2.00 ALL MONTH!
8th Annual Baker's Choice Holiday Cookie Sale
NO TIME TO BAKE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON?
You can buy homemade holiday treats and help out the library at the same time! We are looking for volunteers to bake cookies, and customers to buy and eat cookies and fudge!
Sponsored by Friends of SLPL
Both bakers and buyers need to sign up in advance at SLPL.
Cost: $10 for a 1 lb. box of assorted cookies or $5 for a half-pound box of homemade chocolate fudge (no nuts)
Payment is due when you place your order.
Cookie / fudge pick-up times:
Friday, December 15 from 12:30 PM - 5 PM
Saturday, December 16 from 10 AM - NOON
Did you know?We rent out Kindles and NOOKS for your reading pleasure! Browse our collection of more than 500 titles, from classics to current best sellers! Stop by our circulation desk for more information.
Answering Health Insurance QuestionsDue to federal outreach and advertising budget cuts, plus a six-week reduction in the open enrollment period for health insurance, many people are confused about how to shop for health insurance plans.
- The enrollment period started November 1 and ends on December 15. (In prior years, the enrollment period lasted until January 31.)
- Consumers can find free enrollment help at https://localhelp.healthcare.gov.
- Consumers who know they are eligible for financial assistance can shop on the exchange at https://www.healthcare.gov. (Remember: the site will not be available during open enrollment from midnight until 12 PM on every Sunday except December 10.)
- Consumer's Checkbook, a plan comparison tool that was released by the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance last year, now displays plans for 2018. It allows shoppers to compare on and off exchange plans using a variety of factors, including monthly premium and estimated yearly cost. The plan comparison tool is also valuable for those who do not qualify for financial assistance and could be affected by the rate increases necessitated by the Trump Administration's decision to end payments for cost-sharing reductions.
- For more information on 2018 rates and additional resources for shopping for health insurance, visit www.insurance.pa.gov.
PUBLIC NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF UPPER SAUCON TOWNSHIPEffective immediately, the following vacancy on the library’s Board of Directors exists:One representative (resident) living within Upper Saucon Township to fill an unexpired term through June 30, 2019.
If interested in this vacancy, please review the Board Member Job Description and submit an Upper Saucon Township Application for Appointment to Boards & Commissions to the address listed on the form. Upper Saucon Township may choose to conduct interviews with prospective candidates.
HOOPLA DIGITAL IS NOW AVAILABLE!
No waiting! Browse hoopla’s collection of hundreds of thousands of titles, including movies, music, audiobooks, e-books, comics and television shows for immediate access on your computer, tablet, smartphone, and even your television! Anytime. Anywhere.
Book donations needed!
- Adult and children's titles, hardcover and paperback.
- DVDs also accepted.
Items must be clean and in excellent condition. These items will be sold in the library's Book Sale Room. Proceeds offset operating costs.
look no further!STAFF RECOMMENDATIONS
FIND OUT MORE