THE HOMES OF FDR & ELEANOR ROOSEVELT
THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2016
Join us for an historic visit to the homes of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt. We will have a guided one-hour tour of Val-Kill Cottage, Eleanor’s home, in the morning, followed by lunch on your own at Eveready Diner. We will then travel to Springwood, FDR’s boyhood home, for another one-hour guided tour. Following that, we will have some free time before boarding the bus for our trip home.
Space is limited - sign up early - deadline is April 5!
Cost: $65 per person
- Round trip bus fare
- Admission and tour of both Springwood and Val-Kill Cottage
- All gratuities
Itinerary: (subject to change)
7:00 AM - depart from Upper Saucon Township Park
10:30 AM - tour of Val-Kill Cottage
12:30 PM - lunch at Eveready Diner (on your own)
2:00 PM - tour of FDR’s home, Springwood
4:00 PM - depart for home
7:00 PM - approximate arrival at Upper Saucon Township Park
To reserve your spot:
- Payment due at time of booking; cash or check at SLPL or credit card @ 610-282-8834
- Checks payable to: FSLPL
- All sales final, no refunds. Tickets are transferable.
- Registration deadline: April 5, 2016
- Questions? Call Mary Ann: 610-282-2731
Sponsored by Friends of Southern Lehigh Public Library